We are excited to offer our next Expert Session: The role of isolated protein supplements as contributors to anabolic fueling strategies. Our expert panel includes:
- Nicholas Burd - Associate Professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health and is also a faculty member of the Division of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Riley Hughes - Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Food Sciences & Human Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The key outcomes from this discussion include:
- Define the difference between isolated protein supplements (plant vs. animal) and whole-food sources of protein on anabolic potential
- To become familiar with how protein timing and distribution impacts the skeletal muscle adaptive response.
- Make evidence based dietary recommendations about protein source and timing based on athlete-specific factors.
The CPSDA Expert Sessions enable CPSDA members to share best practices and/or learn from experts on topics that shape performance nutrition.
Thankful to our partners at the National Dairy Council for sponsoring our Expert Sessions.