The Sports Nutrition Immersion Program matches sports dietitians with CPSDA members who are interested in gaining practical hands-on experience. The 2021-2022 program will provide paid fellowships, each for eight months of duration.
To be considered as a host-site and mentor, interested sports dietitians must meet the following requirements:
- CPSDA professional-member in good standing.
- Host-site has not hosted/mentored a SNIP fellow for the past two consecutive years (2019/20 & 2020/21).
- Full-time employment as a sports dietitian for a collegiate or professional sports team, tactical setting or sports academy, employed within current role for at least a full calendar year before applications are due.
- Demonstrated mentorship and ability to mold the next generations of Sports RDs.
- Ability to provide a set of competencies that your fellow will accomplish while immersed in your program. These competencies will need to be individualized for your program if you are selected to be a host mentor. Please be prepared to discuss competencies during your interview.
- Must include a letter of support from a supervisor emphasizing and describing your abilities to host and mentor a SNIP Fellow.
- Must include contact information for two (2) individuals that you have mentored.
- SNIP Host-Site selection process will include video conferencing interviews. Interviews will occur November 30-December 11, 2020.
- Ability to attend a multi-day orientation meeting in mid-June 2021. Participating sports dietitians will receive a $1,000 honorarium for participation in the kick-off meeting. All travel arrangements will be coordinated and paid for by Gatorade. Attendance is mandatory for site selection.
Review the 2021 Host-Site/Mentor Application Guide for mentor expectations and requirements, site expectations and additional information on the selection process. If chosen as a host mentor, you will be expected to provide a set of competencies that your fellow will accomplish while immersed in your program. These competencies will need to be individualized for your program. Please be prepared to discuss competencies during your interview.
Applications are due by midnight EST on November 7, 2020.
Questions? Contact SNIP Manager Mary Ellen Kelly ([email protected]).